Saturday, November 12, 2011

Seven Sword: One Leg Up

Started finishing up on that leg that was left incomplete.  Thankfully, there was only a handful of pieces needed to put together.  Putting on the details also worked out well.  Not a lot of glaring mistakes but some of the lines turned out well.  I also managed to figure out what part of the leg was exposed and which are covered.  This helped me to put the finishing touches on the exposed areas so that they don't look too plain.  When it's all said and done, one leg is finally completed.  The parts were put together and the foot was attached to it.  I also got to see the range of motion and articulation for the leg parts.  It seems by going with a different ankle design that the range of motion suffered a bit.  Several models uses what I would call a double-jointed ankle, where the ankle portion itself is actually two joints and not just one.  Using this design made it possible to have larger range of motion.  The drawback to this is aligning them up according to your will so that they do not look off.

Now that this is done, I can finally finish up on the other leg, and maybe finally clear out a runner or two.  Repackaging the runners up so that they fit can be a chore at times.  The more pieces cut out, the more room it creates.  And I use that extra room to store the Gundam markers in it.  That just means I carry less things around when I want to work on the model.

No comments: