Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Questioning The System

Here's another one. Eventually there's going to be a bunch of them all centered around the loonies that I come in contact with. The topic of the conversation turns out to be in regards to schools. Preference is one thing but downright banishing a type of school is plain stupid. The way I see schools are that each and every one of them offer something for kids and adults to learn. I do not question its method. I don't question its orientation. And I don't question their rules.

A particular guildmate has the right idea. Sometimes it takes trust to determine a kid's ability to do the right thing. You can only teach a child so much on the dangers of the things one learns when encountering other people. If such a matter is that big of an issue, a private school is always an option. But given that the alliance that I have to put up with, I have to hear all the bullshit from them on how they will rather send their kids to a religious school than to let them ever step foot on a public school. Sure some public schools have problems. But that comes with the territory. A public school is funded by the citizens of the town or city that it is in. That school can only do so much in terms of handling behavior, the number of teachers to employ, the textbooks needed to cover the subject materials, as well as extra-curricular activities. The problem to balance the school budget is always a topic every year. But needless to say, this is an obvious problem due to how the system works. And when the school system does work, it works as they should. Kids learn. They get good grades. And they do extra-curricular activities. Sure, other schools can do the same. But that's the point. A public school can be as good, better, or worse than any other school system, private or religious. Yet that's probably what some of these alliance retards can't get into their head. "Oh I've been through the public school system. And I know I won't put my kid through that." Bullshit. Pure bullshit.

I know that each school has a different level of teaching. Each school has a different method of teaching. It doesn't matter if it's public, private, or religious. Schools are schools. They differ. And all of them can suffer the same kind of problem that other schools can face. I just cannot stand idiots who judges an entire school system based on a single experience when there are millions of schools across the country.

No comments: