Friday, October 03, 2008

More Ramblings

Way back then, I posted on how I was quitting Call of Duty 4 due to how the game was set up when a particular flag was set.  One of those reasons end up being how I cannot dash across a street without dying.  This is often reckless.  But sometimes it is necessary.  Sometimes it is needed in order to mount an offense up, to potentially turn the tide.  This is perhaps one of the more interesting part of playing the game, that I was able to be that daring in hopes of helping the team win in the end.  This isn't the case when you flip the switch.

When Hardcore mode is in play, you die in a couple of shots.  Sure, this enhances the realism.  But it's also the bane of my style of play: run-n-gun.  Even if I am to be careful on where I go, I cannot get by.  It gets worse when you cannot move out of your spawn point.  What's the point in playing if you cannot stand a single chance against a force that has all the vantage point?

Recently my clan has been defeated by a team that is well beyond their abilities.  It was a complete loss and I am at a loss for words as to how it could happen.  But preliminary report suggest that they were proclaimed as rookies who have never seen nor been in an organized match.  I call bullshit on that one.  I don't know how they are able to go that far in winning the match but this is not normal and they are no damn rookies.

It's not that my clan is that bad.  It's just that the clan has different views on how to spend their time.  What good is spending their extra time to be some cannon fodder to another team?  The idea was to have fun and be competitive at the same time.  No good will come with beating down an opposing team without giving them some enjoyment for their efforts.  I have also played the exact same way when facing other opponents when there are not enough people on to support certain tactics.  I want to extend the round further, to give others a fighting chance, to enable those getting a beating to have what fun that they can get from it.  I'd rather retain players than to drive them away after being beat down badly.

So now the question is whether or not such a team should remain in the league.  That's up to the higher-ups to decide.  Frankly, I don't care either way.  But that one particular team needs to know how to control their advantage.  There's a difference in keeping in control of the match in your favor and simply rubbing it in.  They obviously did not know how to control themselves.

No comments: