Thursday, November 20, 2008

Plugging In

As I rack up the points, or at least try to, in the latest Call of Duty series called World at War, I find myself wondering if I'll be able to tolerate going through the entire leveling process all over again. Granted, this is only for those who wanted to play around with the extra custom class slot that's available. Sadly, you don't simply gain the rest in one shot. Each slot is unlocked at a particular "Prestige" level. Once a Prestige level is achieved, you start back at basic Level 1 in order to begin the level-up process all over again. This is fine for those who consistently play the game. But for the casual, this won't be the case. However, everyone has their style of play. Eventually it'll become natural to have a set of custom classes in order to maximize the flexibility of one's profile to accommodate a variety of situations, be it to take out a tank or to set up a sniper profile. That's why custom classes are needed.

Only recently have I finally surpassed the old Level 40 mark which was the limit of the beta that was released earlier. I am finding that getting to the next level is getting longer and longer, as the point gap between each level gets bigger. This isn't so great when it comes to the casual player. At least there's Headquarters where the points are usually plentiful there.

In other news, a long-time buddy of mine has recently published a review I submitted. I figure I'd plug his stuff on here since the review would eventually link back to here, where one will find a lot of foul language being used. So go ahead, read up and see what I was raving about, and maybe make a purchase to get one of your own. Well, that's if you got the cash for it.

For the time being, I have to regretfully halt any future purchases from Japan. This is due to the really dismal economy that's also affecting the dollar/yen exchange rate. And because of the rate going the wrong way, it means that getting any future items will end up being so much more expensive than before (I pay out more dollar per yen). Instead of something I'm determined to get, it has now become an item that I wish I could get. Yes, it is that bad now even with my picky selection of import figures. But that's the reality of it. And I blame damn GW Bush for it. Fuck you, Bush. Thanks for making all of our lives miserable for 8 fucking years.

No comments: