Saturday, January 31, 2009

Looking Ahead

So after spending a good chunk to get replacement ear pads that I thought would be universally compatible with all sorts of Audio Technica headphones, it turns out the ones I got is a tad too small for mine.  But I guess that is a risk that I took when I blindly ordered it with next to little detail on whether or not it will fit.  I suppose because of this, I have dinged myself a good chunk.  So much for the most comfortable headphones idea.

Guild Wars is currently hosting a festival celebration, referencing to the Chinese New Year.  Unfortunately this event lasts only for a weekend, a 3-day period.  While for many this is enough time for an event such as this, I find that the timeframe to be quite small given the number of characters that I have on the account now (11 PvE characters instead of 8 from last year).

From the start, I knew what I was getting myself into.  Planning every step of the way, I made sure I have enough inventory room to house a lot of items as well as ensure that I have enough to hold them in storage for the time being.  After going through all of my characters, I have amassed so many festival-related items and gained extra due to natural loot drops.  But the minimum was clearly met.  I expect to get a lot of a particular item by the time the event is finally over.

On a different side of things, I placed an order for some RAM (8GB worth) that will eventually make its way into my system at some point.  However, I fear it will be months before I can finally get my hands on the actual product itself.  Microsoft’s next version of Windows, Windows 7, is already released in beta form.  However, I only have proper ownership of Windows Vista Business in 32bit form.  Microsoft does have a method of upgrading from 32bit to 64bit.  But it’s costly and I do not wish to spring a good chunk of cash to get it.  It’s unfortunate that the CD/license keys that Microsoft generates only work with a particular version and build.  I do not mind that the key is recognized for a version such as Business or Ultimate.  But it’s terrible that I cannot use the same key for a 64bit build of Vista.  It would have made transitioning from 32bit to 64bit a lot easier and less costly.  The OS is the same and the only thing being removed is the limitation of addressing up to 4GB of RAM.

And finally, while it’s a bit late, Happy New Year… Again!

No comments: