Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Lies & Controversies

So after a week long stay at a small hometown, it was time to return to the bitter cold of the Boston suburbs.  And that means having to go through security checkpoints at the airport, the one procedure that has irritated me since 2001.

Despite losing about 45 minutes getting to Washington DC Reagan airport, there was still enough time to go across the airport to connect to the next flight, thanks to the 2 hour layover.  I knew that getting into Boston's Logan airport won't be easy, as at the time, snow was coming down there and the wind is a bit of a factor.  I knew that there may be a delay getting in.  So I expected that I won't be able to get back on time.  I was fine with that, for as long as I can get back on the 31st of December.  The plane arrives and the folks who were on that flight got off.  But nothing was announced on boarding.  Then the Delta staff announced that there's a mechanical problem with the plane so it is delayed for a bit.  Okay, small fix and then we hop on.  That did not happen.  Then they claim that there's a flat tire on the nose landing gear of the plane, along with some numskull moron who blurted out "The plane is broke."  One bullshit after another from the assholes at Delta.  I was getting irritated and I was getting frustrated.  Time is ticking and the last thing I need is to be stranded at DC on the very day that I want to be back home by.  I had plans on doing things as the clock hit 12 and I have Guild Wars related things I want to do.  I do not want to be stranded in DC for a night due to some mechanical problem.

Hours go by and people got on and off.  As I wander back from McDonalds with free food in tow, they were about to make the latest update announcement.  The flight is canceled.  Oh fucking hell.  That is just fucking great.  You know that universal rule where you should not take another person's life?  Yeah.  I truly and really want to do just that.  I also want to scream off the top of my lung all the words in the Swearing Dictionary.  Yet all I can do is groan.  Pissed off and tired, the pricks at Delta paid for our one-night-stay at DC.  It was the local Hilton and my folks managed to rummage up for 3 rooms, one of which I have all to myself.  Good, then maybe I can perhaps try for some wireless Internet.  Oh, I forgot to mention.  The bitches at Memphis and at DC-Reagan want to rob me of my cash just to use their wireless network!  So during that entire day, I could not do jack shit.  I could not check for weather, posts on the forums, hop on IRC, use AIM or Gtalk -- nothing.  Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.  And when I got to the Hilton, I ask on Internet access.  Oh fucking great.  They also want to rob me of my cash for 'net access there too!  FUCK!

The entire day was hell.

So on Jan 1st, I got back, and of course the first thing I did was check the clock, and knowing Guild Wars' event finale schedule, I find that I had some time to kill while I get my gears and stuff settled in.

I got wind as to why this entire shit happened.  One of the passengers happen to come across the pilot at the local bar where they were having a drink.  There it was revealed everything Delta told to their passengers were a bunch of a bullshit.  Pure and pointless bullshit.  The real reason why the plane was grounded was because the plane's de-icing system, used to ensure that the plane don't get ice build-up, wasn't working.  This is crucial because had it been working, the pilots would have made the attempt to cut through the snow in Boston.  That made much more sense and would have been less infuriating than bullshitting their customers.  Fucking piece of shit...

Because of the bullshit lies and the fucking pricks at Delta, I have decided to not fly anywhere for many years to come.  The stress of having to go through security is unnecessary.  I also do not want to become part of the commonplace delayed and stranded passengers that has to listen to whatever bullshit the airline staff decide to spew forth.  It's retarded enough that I cannot bring in my own personal drinks or keep my goddamn shoes on.  For fuck sake, it's my fucking SHOE!  Mind you, my entire body is a fucking weapon.  It just fucking depends if I am going to snap or not!  And for what fucking purpose do you want me to remove my fucking laptop out of my goddamn bag?  Security my fucking ass.  I am not secured.  I feel like I'm checking into the local prison facility.  That's how fucking retarded this is.

No comments: