Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Bullshit

Frankly, I don’t like the Steelers.  It would have been great had the Cardinals won the game.  And they were close to doing it as well.  But fuck, I can’t believe Steelers pulled that one out.  Well, another year, another game, another season gone.  Next up, NBA and baseball.  On second thought… screw baseball.  With the fucking Yankees spending cash out of their asses, I don’t think I even want to care any more.

So February 2nd is Groundhog Day.  Only recently did I watch the classic movie starring Bill Murray.  And like the movie’s settings, the place to see the Groundhog Day in action is at Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.  At 7:30AM EST, they brought him out.  The sky was cloudy and not a sun in the sky at the time.  Yet still, they proclaim that he saw his shadow.

I’m sorry but I call bullshit on that one.  And with the pricks there plugging the Pittsburgh Steelers’ last second win over the Cardinals, they have the fucking balls to say that the groundhog saw his shadow.  It’s already freezing up here and I’m tired of the freezing weather.  Global warming my ass.

So while the prediction is just for fun, I really wish they’d consider the fact that there’s no fucking sun out there to cast a damn shadow.

No comments: