Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Deathscythe EW: Session 4

Finishing up what I left off, the other arm piece was carefully assembled and put together.  As I had leftover pieces from the previous session, getting it assembled did not take long as the only thing needed to do was snip off the excess plastic and smooth it out.  Once that was done, connecting the arm to the main body was all that was left.  I find out that despite what I had described as the two parts snapping together, they don't really do snap together and remain that way.  It looks like I'll have to be extra careful when moving the arms and potentially the legs around, as they're probably not going to stay fitted on their joints.  I still wish its joint design was like the Astray Red Frame, which I personally find to be the best given the three kinds of joints I have encountered.

The leg components started at the bottom, the feet.  Getting them put together seems simple and easy enough.  Some of the piece designs are similar and same to the other models I have completed.  So it comes as no surprise that several of them have to be put together to remotely appear as feets.  The feets themselves were assymetrical.  So the assembly process was done twice.  In the end, the feets were completed but the clock was once again ticking away.  The steps ahead call for the internal assembly of the legs themselves so doing those will have to wait.  I feel that if I were to start then, I would not have finished by the time I needed to put the pieces away for another session.  Plus I think it would be more beneficial if I pace myself so that the entire process wasn't rushed.  I look forward to seeing how far I can get with the legs.

No comments: